Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New FDA cigarrette smoking label is graphic!

My Zimbio
KudoSurf Me!

Quitting cigarettes was the hardest thing I've ever done. After smoking a pack a day for ten years it had become a part of me. Every morning I awoke with an intense craving and every night the same feeling followed. What eventually made me quit was seeing someone with a hole in their neck. It simply, FREAKED me out! The person was in the grocery store and said, "excuse me", in their best Darth Vader impression. If the voice box wasn't enough the oxygen tube in their throat did me in.


It took five attempts for me to actually quit. I tried everything from the patch, gum, skoal (nicotine replacement), electronic cigarettes and so forth. In the end, I simply talk to myself. I simply said ALOUD, "I don't want a hole in my throat. If I stop now I'm young enough to live a long and healthy life. I don't want a hole in my throat." This is literally how I was able to quit.

The Wall Street Journal posted the following article (Click Here or Here) in regards to the FDA's recent cigarettes box warnings. It highlights a picture of a man blowing smoke out of a tracheotomy hole in his throat. I've been smoke free for 12 months but with the new FDA label I might have never smoked to begin with.

Decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment